We want you to know that we’re doing all we can to keep our workers and young people safe whilst visiting our centre. Here is a list of safety measures and policies that we’ve put in place.
- HYP will only work with young people where provision can take place outside with a minimum distance of 2m between workers and young people at all times.
- Handwashing and Sanitising are done before, during and after any provision.
- All HYP staff will be wearing PPE if required by young people’s guardians and also where 2m Social Distancing can’t be adhered to. eg; when carrying out temperature checks. PPE will also be carried out during food preparation for provision such as breakfast club.
- All activities carried out will involve no contact to decrease the risk of transmission.
- Young people won’t be able to travel in HYP staff’s vehicles.
What will be expected during an HYP session
- All young people are required to sanitise their hands before entering the HYP garden with the sanitiser provided.
- A HYP worker will carry out a temperature check on young people whilst wearing full PPE, eg, masks, face shield, gloves and apron.
- A 2m distance will be kept between all young people and workers during a session, other than when carrying out temperature checks.
- HYP staff will continue wearing masks/ face shields.
- Young people will need to sanitise their hands before leaving HYP.
- Young people are encouraged to sanitise/wash their hands regularly during a session.
- The toilets will be open for use, with a strict one in one out policy.