Your browser is no longer supported. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.


Signposting for Further Help

Here are some useful resources for young people and those who support young people. Your school or GP are often the best place to start when looking for support or you can come direct to us and we can contact the school on your behalf. The youth workers at HYP can help young people with all of these issues listed below as well as form a non-judgemental, supportive relationship with a trusted adult outside of family, friends and school.

School or GP

Abusive Trauma
CLEAR is a counselling service in Cornwall focusing on abuse and trauma

Autism and ASD
Aspire offers direct support to young people.

Penhaligan’s Friends is a befriending support service in Cornwall for young people and their parents and carers.

Disordered Eating
School or GP

Drugs and Alcohol
YZUP We are With You is a one to one service in Cornwall which supports young people respond to substance misuse issues.

Healthy Schools – a useful resource for parents and young people regarding self-harm

Sexual Health
Brook and SH:24 – drop-in centres around Cornwall for contraception (emergency and long term), STI tests (confidential postal tests available) and information and guidance

Social and Emotional Support
(immediate and free direct support)
Childline is a one-to-one free, counsellor telephone service, limited hours.

SHOUT – a one-to-one free, counsellor text service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Text 85258

KOOTH is a one-to-one free, counsellor online service, limited hours.

Headstart Kernow offers mental health and wellbeing support to parents, carers and young people in Cornwall.

Young Minds covers all aspects of young people’s mental health with information and guidance as well as direct supports of help.

If you are concerned about the welfare of a young person and are unsure what to do, speak with the Early Help Hub. They will review the situation and offer information and guidance or they may take a more structured role which may involve Social Services and other agencies.